So now, it’s time to roll up your sleeves, and let’s get into decorating a home 2023 and develop your home decorating plan. Discover home decor with these helpful home decoration guide and learn how to decorate small house or how to decorate room with simple things.
Here’s an easy step-by-step plan for you if you don’t know where to start decorating a home.
Also we believe this guide will be very useful for anyone who’s looking for home decorating ideas on a budget. Let’s start.
Helpful Tips and Tricks About Decorating A Home in 2023
1. Start with your ‘big picture’ vision for decorating your home
Decide on your overall style or theme. Create a vision in your mind of your home in its total overview sense, as you would like to see it be and feel like.
If you’re not sure yet, go back and revisit Ideas and Tips to help inspire you further to get your plan into action.
2. Have a broad plan of action in mind for decorating your home
• Make a list of what you want to change and prioritize it into long-term and short-term projects that you feel comfortable with and fit in with your lifestyle. Work it room by room, in priority order.
• Make a list of the things you love – if you stick to this list, and you’ve developed a taste for your own style, you can’t go wrong. You can refer to and make that list or review and expand that list further.
• Make sure that you plan your colors in the overview so that they blend, flow and move with ease through your home. Your aim is to develop an overall blueprint, an impression of what you want to achieve and to have your rooms complement each other.
You should be able to take an item – one of your lamps or rugs, for example – and move it into any room in your home and have it easily blend in.
If you’re not sure where to start – Keep it simple – Start small if it overwhelms you.
3. Start With The Room You Use the Most
This is usually the Family room or Living room/Lounge room.
Or it may be another favorite room for you, a study perhaps, or a master bedroom or bathroom.
Or, if you feel drawn to start with another room, perhaps your sunroom or child’s room, then follow your instincts and preference.
It’s important that you don’t feel overwhelmed. Start small if you feel more comfortable. Feeling overwhelmed will most likely block you and you won’t move forward.
Pick the room you’d like to work on and then get let’s get started.
4. Take note of and work with your room’s focal point
Sometimes rooms have natural focal points – places where your eyes travel to immediately upon entering a room – a fireplace with mantle, an enormous ceiling-high, wall-wide built-in bookcase, or bay window with a window seat or view of the garden, or over a valley, lake, or the sea.
You can use these focal points around which to build your home decorating ideas and themes.
If your room doesn’t have a natural focal point, you can easily create one with an edgy or dynamic piece of art, or a beautiful relaxing feast for your eyes, or even a really quirky piece of art you may have created yourself. You can also create a focal point with spectacular attention grabbing colorful area rug. (ARE RUG LINK VER)
Fireplaces are a fabulous focus for a room and an attractive architectural feature.
They add a cozy homey touch with warmth and personality to your room and your home. So if you have a fabulous grand fireplace, make it the focus and anchor of your room around which you arrange other things.
Here’s a vital tip about decorating a home – it’s highly recommend that you avoid making your TV wide screen and entertainment center the focal point or it will make your room look like a temple of worship to those items. Unless, of course, it’s a specific purpose-built home theatre room.
5. Quickest and Greatest Ways For Decorating A Home
There are six key ways to change a room, or home, quickly and with the greatest impact:
- Color Decorating with Paint
- Home Accents and Accessories
- Art In Home Decorating
- Window Furnishings
- Floor Spaces
Decorating Floor Spaces and Integrating Room Spaces
A beautiful hand-picked rug can make a room really come together and define the space. Placed between your sofas it can make that space really cozy, warm and contained, harmonized and integrated.
It defines an area, a space. Under a dining table, it makes the area feel homogeneous. Or a runner rug that welcomes you at the front door and invites you in along a hallway and ushers you into the heart of a home.
They’re not only functional but beautiful. Whether you go wool, cotton, or Oriental, Persian or French rugs, or stunning sisal matting, or great bold statement contemporary styles – they complete a room.
If you’re fortunate enough to have beautiful polished floorboards – remember to show them off. Keep them gleaming and ensure you don’t have too much covering them up.
6. Accentuate Your Room’s Major Feature item For Better Home Decorating
This is a great way to go as it gives you an immediate focus.
A sofa is a major purchase item, and one that you will hopefully, have for some length of time. So, consider your choice carefully.
The color you choose should not be ‘too wild’ or extreme unless you have chosen to go really bold and unusual as part of your decorating theme for your room. It’s better if you consider a sofa as part of the canvas of your room, with some leeway of course, that you can accentuate further with colorful cushions, throw rugs, and other home accent accessories.
It also gives you the flexibility to change the look of a room easily, quickly, and inexpensively, with new cushion covers, throw rugs, and other decorative home accent accessories.
You also have the flexibility to change your home accent colors in the future, as your mood changes or seasons change, or as you develop and evolve your style further and wish to experiment.
Perhaps you have some other favorite piece of furniture you have collected and loved along the way, a favorite chair perhaps, armchair, coffee table, or side table, period piece divan, chest of drawers, painting, or even a crazy quirky collectible item or two, or even a few.
If it says something about you and holds its own as an item of interest and character – feature it as a centerpiece, give it pride of place, and then build around it.
7. Arranging Your Furniture Is Important When Decorating A Home
Arranging your furniture in a room to make the room do what you want is key to maximizing the livability and ambiance of your room.
Here are some pointers for you to follow:
• Function and Ease – Think of how you and the people who live in your home, or come to visit, use your room and spaces. It’s all about common sense – creating ease of movement, practical and easy function, and heaps of flowing, comfortable, and highly user-friendly livable space.
• Arranging your furniture becomes much easier once a focal point in your room is established. Your main furniture pieces are best directed towards your room’s focal point, keeping the major traffic areas open and easy flowing. You should aim to have a balance of furniture items around your room.
For further key pointers about good furniture arrangement, visit furniture arrangement link VER
8. Display Your Collectibles With Style and Pride For Better Home Decoration
Your favorite things and sentimental mementos tell the story of who you are. It’s about your life’s cache. It gives your home its personality, its style, its soul.
• Display your collectibles in clusters or groupings to create a theme. Think big and display them en masse and make a grand statement.
• A fireplace and mantel is a perfect place to display your family photos, collectibles, ornaments, a tall vase with willow or dramatic fresh flowers, or holiday decorations.
• Whether it’s your exquisite fine glassware or quirky pieces on the dining room or kitchen shelving, or stacks of your books and souvenirs in the study or home office, show it off, arrange it with style. It will look great!
Don’t feel you have to follow perfect symmetry all of the time – a huge bookcase along an entire wall doesn’t have to mean books all upright in a row like little soldiers, or like a traditional bookshop, library, or dad’s study or den.
Mix and match some harmony and some contrast – some upright, some horizontal. Keep some shelf spaces exclusively as centerpieces for displaying special loved and meaningful items. Signature items that speak about you and your history. Perhaps a pen, a journal, a picture, or pictures, or your favorite collectibles. The things you love and enjoy to have around you.
9. Your Own Style When Decorating A home
Don’t be afraid to mix and match as long as there’s a unifying or integrating theme while decorating a home.
• Experiment with a mix and match interplay of colors and fabrics. Mix luxurious silks, soft and plush velvets, with more earthy rough textured cotton. Or whatever other fabric and color attract and resonates with you.
• Feel free to experiment – you’re finding, collecting, and defining, or expanding your own style – Don’t be afraid to combine something Country, with perhaps something French or Mediterranean or Tuscan, or something English or even Asian, and throw in some Shabby Chic or Kitsch, or even a well-chosen thoughtful ‘bad taste’ item.
• Give it some life. It’s important that you have fun and experiment. Allow yourself the freedom. A dramatic splash of red or vibrant purple can make a real statement!
• Shop around – don’t buy all your items from one brand name, manufacturer, or store. Handpick your color paints, fabrics, wallpapers, borders, and other trimmings to suit your overall vision and picture of what you want to achieve.
• Equally, mix and match your sofas, armchairs, and single chairs. This is what gives your home decorating its individuality. There is no one else like you.
This is just a beginning of decorating a home articles, please subscribe to the mailing list to receive fresh new articles about decorating a home , home improvement and home design.
Thank you for reading.