Cozy plaids, warm light, cushions you can sink into and a piece of apple pie on your plate – this is what cosiness looks like! However, a cozy living feeling in the living room does not come about by itself, it needs a bit of inspiration and a loving hand. We reveal how a cozy atmosphere is created.
A cozy family room needs a big sofa
Relaxing, playing, reading and watching films on the sofa in the living room, all of this is more fun together – and takes up space. Where a family of four wants to relax comfortably, it is worth purchasing a modular upholstery system or at least a classic corner combination. How big should it be? Large! What items do you need? As much as possible!
The Cozy Living Room – 5 Ideas It Will Be Cozy Right Away
1. Furnished personally and with ease
Do you know that? You enter a living room and you are relaxed from the first moment because it looks so inviting and cozy. You will probably recognize the personality of the residents in the furnishings and decorations, see family pictures or souvenirs from trips that people really live here.
Perhaps the room is cleverly zoned, i.e. areas that are assigned a function have been created with room dividers such as screens or shelves.
For example, a cozy reading corner with a wing chair has been created, or a large carpet marks the area where the sofa stands and sets it apart from the rest of the room (particularly important for coziness in large living rooms and open-plan living areas).
A great explanation video by Posh Pennies about cozy interior.
At best, the colors are warm and friendly and the materials are of natural origin – then a warm and cozy feeling arises almost automatically in the living room.
2. Whether A Living Room Is Cozy Depends On the Light. It Comes Down To These Ideas:
- When directional light hits a wall painted a warm color, it reflects back warm and cozy.
- A room becomes more atmospheric when the points of light are lower. This is why, for example, lampshade lights on the right and left of the sofa are so popular and one of the first ideas to implement in a modern cozy living room.
- You shouldn’t be able to look directly into the light source (it used to be the light bulb, today it’s an LED). This dazzles and is more reminiscent of a train station atmosphere than a cozy living room.
- Dimmers, dimmers, dimmers. The more you use in the living room, the better. This allows you to adapt the lighting mood to the time of day and the occasion and automatically create a warm atmosphere and coziness.
Idea: Use smart lighting systems with app control. They can be dimmed comfortably and steplessly via smartphone and mostly even by voice control.
3. Cozy factor Wool blanket: Plaids Are Always A Good Idea
Hardly anything provides moments of well-being and cosiness as directly as wool blankets and plaids, which should therefore not be missing in any living room.
4. More Comfort In The Living Room?
Japanese people celebrate their traditional tea ritual, with us a lovingly laid table is enough for an inviting atmosphere and a cozy feeling in the living room.
Cozy Tip : pots made of ceramic, silver or cast iron accompany us throughout our lives like good friends and bear witness to many pleasant hours. Start collecting fast!,
5. For A Living Room To Be Particularly Cozy, Put Candles On The Table
The Danes are known to be among the happiest people in the world. And they use almost twice as many candles as we do every year – more than four kilos per capita. It is not entirely clear whether one is related to the other. What is certain, however, is that candlelight makes cozy moments a bit more festive and also lifts the spirits in everyday life.
FAQ About Cozy Living Room Ideas
How can I make my living room cozy without a fireplace?
Pull furniture pieces closer together. Having couches and chairs near one another encourages conversation and creates a sense of intimacy. If you don’t change anything else in your room, the addition of throws or blankets will instantly warm up your space. Paint a wall or the entire room in a softer or darker color.
How do you make a white and grey living room Cozy?
Use a variety of greys to give depth to your grey living room. Use a lighter, warmer grey when painting the walls and layer darker saturations with a painted fireplace surround and statement furniture pieces. Layering the same color in different tones creates a calming atmosphere that feels cohesive.
What makes a home feel cozy?